Welcome to CO-OP Shared Branch through the CCU
We know how important it is for you to be able to take care of your financial business when you want, even if our branch isn’t nearby or open for business. Shared branching is ideal for members who travel on business or pleasure, have children away at college, or relocate out of state. For any situation, it is easy and convenient. That’s why the Collegedale Credit Union is now part of “shared branching” - through our partnership with other credit unions; you can conduct transactions in participants’ branches just as if you were at the Collegedale Credit Union.
A variety of services are available*
- Deposits and withdrawals
- Transfers between accounts
- Account/loan inquiries
- Loan payments
- Money orders/gift cards**
- Statement prints
- Extended hours of access
**Subject to fees from the host Shared Branch.
All participating credit unions display the CO-OP Shared Branch logo. Just make sure to look for the CO-OP Shared Branch logo like the one above.
You can find a nearby branch in several ways:
- Call: 1-888-SITE-CO-OP (888-748-3266) to find a location by telephone
- Visit co-opsharedbranch.org to search for locations wherever you may be
- Download the app to your phone
May I decline participation in the CO-OP Shared Branch Network?Yes, you may opt out of the shared branch access by contacting the Collegedale Credit Union directly by telephone, by message through our Virtual Branch system, or by filling out this form and mailing it directly to us.
How do I access my account?You must be prepared to provide three things when you visit a CO-OP Shared Branch location:
- The name of your credit union: Collegedale Credit Union
- Your Account Number - if unsure please verify before you go
- A current, unexpired, VALID Government-issued picture identification with signature*
Have these items available to present to the teller. All transactions require identification.** The participating credit union will ask for valid identification because the CO-OP Shared Branch network cares about protecting your identity and account information.
- State-issued driver's license or identification card (temporary extensions are not accepted)
- U.S. Passport
- City, State, County or Federal ID card or badge (may require additional form of identification)
- U.S. Armed Forces Identification Card or the new Smart Identification card without signature
- Resident Alien Card issued by the INS
If you have questions regarding your account or transactions that were performed through the CO-OP Shared Branch network, please contact Collegedale Credit Union directly.
*Some foreign identification may be accepted based on CO-OP Shared Branch policies.
**Identification information for the person completing the transaction may be noted on the receipt.
How are holds and deposited funds handled?The funds you deposit at the CO-OP Shared Branch locations may not be available for immediate withdrawal from your credit union account. In addition, holds placed at a CO-OP Shared Branch location may be extended by Collegedale Credit Union if the availability of the funds cannot be verified.
Can I place stop payments?
- Stop Payments – CCU
The CO-OP Shared Branch location CANNOT accept a stop payment request on your checking account. You must contact Collegedale Credit Union.
- Stop Payments – Shared Branch Location Checks
If you need to place a stop payment on a check you obtained from the CO-OP Shared Branch location, such as a cashier's check, money order or official check, you must contact the CO-OP Shared Branch location where you obtained the check. There will be a waiting period not to exceed 90 days before funds can be released. You may be required to complete an indemnity agreement. Fees may apply.
What services are available?Unless a check is drawn on the Shared Branch location, it cannot be cashed outright. Checks must be deposited and then withdrawn, subject to the funds availability policies mentioned above.
- Cash deposits must be made in US dollars.
- Payroll Check - If you deposit a payroll check, make sure you have your payroll check stub with you to verify your deposit
- All checks must be in U.S. dollars and payable through the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank
- All checks must be properly endorsed when presented for deposit
The CO-OP Shared Branch location reserves the right to refuse acceptance of any item presented for deposit or payment.
Joint Party Checks: For any check made payable to two or more parties where only one party is the owner of the account, all must be present, all must endorse the check and all must have proper, valid identification.
- Cash withdrawals may be limited to $500 per day.
- Loan payments can be made by cash or check; however, there may be restrictions placed on your loan account by Collegedale Credit Union for access through the CO-OP Shared Branch network.
- Loan advances can be made by cash or check; however, the cash limit may be set at $500 per day or by your Line of Credit limit set by Collegedale Credit Union – whichever is less.
- You may request a cash advance on your VISA account if the service is available. Please have your VISA plastic card with you when you visit the CO-OP Shared Branch location. The card company(s) the location supports should be posted on the door.
- No. All minor (under legal age) accounts are inaccessible due to security concerns.
Additional Services AvailableTransfers between Sub-Accounts
- Transfers can be processed within your own credit union account.
- Transfers into different accounts are allowed as long as you are an owner. The transfers will be handled as a deposit/payment or as a withdrawal/loan advance.
- Referred to as transaction history. The last ten transactions will be printed including your balance. This service may not be available at all locations.
Did you know that your transaction history is available 24/7 through our Virtual Branch Home Banking, Mobile Banking, or Audio Response? Sign up for these services today!
- Nonmembers can deposit cash or check to a member’s account. Depositor will need a valid ID, the Credit Union name, and the following information on the owner’s account – name, account number, and address or last 4 of the social security number.
- These services are available at many locations. Please call to confirm before you go!
- Fax Services
- Cashier’s Checks
- Money Orders
- Traveler’s Checks
- Notary Services